Keywords or Keyphrases
Provide a keyword or keyphrase relevant to your topic. This word or phrase should be used 3 times in your content. Please highlight the word or phrase.
Suggest a title for your post. Limit it to eight words. Try to use your keyword or keyphrase. Make it a declarative statement. If your content includes a list, start with something like, “Top Ten Reasons…” or “Top 5 Tips…”
Lay out your topic and thesis statement. Use your keyword or keyphrase within the first paragraph.
Blog posts and online content in general use headings to separate paragraphs of content and to signal a transition within the topic. Think of headings as chapter titles. These may be a few words or a short sentence. You should have headings separating content every 2-3 paragraphs.
Use your keyword or keyphrase in at least one heading.
- Develop your topic in a clear progression. For example, Problem > Solution > Outcome.
- Pose questions to your reader.
- Use real world examples.
- Write as an authority on a topic.
- Use bullet lists. People like lists!
- Use plain language whenever possible, or be sure to define any industry-specific terms or phrases.
- Include another voice — quote another RWN member or a businessperson who can provide relevant comments.
- Be yourself! Start by writing as you would if you were speaking conversationally. You can go back later to edit your grammar and flow.
How to Stay Connected
When you submit your post, please provide all of your social media handles/links (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIN) so we can properly tag and credit you!
Checklist for Submission
Please be sure to review the following checklist before submitting your blog post:
- My blog post is original content, not previously published, between 350 and 800 words.
- My blog post does not “sell” my company or organization.
- My blog post provides educational benefit to readers.
- I have included a relevant quote from a colleague, client, or other associate.
- I have included a hi-res file of my professional portrait.
- I have included 1-3 photos related to my content. (See item #10 in Guidelines)
- I have included verification that these photos are royalty-free. (See item #10 in Guidelines)
- I have included my brief bio with website and email address.
- I have included all of my social media links/handles.
- I have highlighted the keyword or keyphrase
Thank you for your interest in blogging for RWN!
These guidelines and tips may be updated at any time without notice