We invite all RWN members to submit blog posts about work life and advancement.
Thank you for helping to be the voice and engaging presence of RWN. You are entrusted with representing our leadership and all of our membership. That’s a big responsibility! To help you feel more comfortable about fulfilling this role, please familiarize yourself with the following guidelines for blogging on behalf of RWN:
- Posting to the RWN blog is a benefit available to any member in good standing!
- Submissions MUST BE ORIGINAL CONTENT and MAY NOT BE DUPLICATED on your business website. Duplicated content will be penalized by Google!
- If you would like to capitalize on your post for RWN by sharing with your audience, you may (1) post links to the RWN blog page on your social media accounts, and (2) post a link to the RWN blog page on your business blog page. TIP: Write an introductory paragraph sharing that you blogged for RWN and insert the link.
- Pursuant to the IRS Exemption Requirements for 501(c)(3) Organizations, in order to maintain our exemption status, none of our activities may portray us as an action organization. I.e.: we may not attempt to influence legislation as a substantial part of our activities and we may not participate in any campaign activity for or against political candidates.
- The best way to steer clear of this issue while composing your blog is to refrain from advocating or endorsing for election, re-election, or providing other material support for a political or aspiring political figures. This includes making statements against candidates or political figures.
- Your blog post may not be used as a platform to directly promote or sell your products or services. Ex: Why it is smart to invest your workplace 401K, but cannot state “please call me to set up a 401K.” Or for coaches – cannot state “Please call me for your self help,” but you can write an article about the importance of skill development.
This includes announcements, products lists, or any other commercial-like content that promotes your business offerings either as part of the blog body or your bio at the end.
- Blog posts should be educational and informative in nature. Demonstrate your expertise by sharing some of your know-how.
- Include another “voice” — quote another RWN member or a businessperson who can provide relevant comments.
- Include a brief bio about yourself, including your involvement with RWN (length of membership, committees, etc.). You may also include your email address, website for linking, and social media links.
- Please limit your post to 350-750 words.
- Submit your post as a Word document or Google Doc link. You will receive the “RWN Blogging – Getting Started” template for formatting guidance. Your post will be proofread for grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Editing for story and flow will generally be your responsibility.
- Include hi-res jpeg format photos. Your professional portrait, plus 1-3 photos related to your content. **You must have the rights to content photos.** Use unsplash.com to search for free images!
- Please provide documentation that photos are royalty-free.
- When you submit your post, please provide all of your social media handles/links (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIN) so we can properly tag and credit you!
- Need ideas? If you haven’t been tapped to write on a specific theme or topic, read our past posts for inspiration or ask your RWN co-members to help you develop your blog post idea.
- Submit your post to Terra Osterling at email@example.com, either as a Word document or linked to a Google Doc.
Before submitting your post, use these blog writing tips to sure your post is ready for publication.
These guidelines and tips may be updated at any time without notice